First let me just say “WOW” and “Thank You!!!” This is my very first nomination! Thank you Anuj of The Daily Charade: A Chlamydia List for this nomination! If you haven’t, please go check out his site and read his “wise beyond his years” youthful angst @ achlamydialist.wordpress.com.
- The Rules for the Nominees
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to the blog.
- Answer 11 questions that the Blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write them 11 questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post.
Here are 11 amazing bloggers I would love to nominate for the award not only because I personally enjoy reading your blogs, but because you all continue to motivate me to be a better blogger and I look to all of you as an example.
- Leniq @ leniq.wordpress.com – check out her fashion/beauty/lifestyle blog!
- shatteredwishes, Life and Dreams of An Unchained Heart @ unchained-heart.com
- Bmore Beloved @ bmorebeloved.wordpress.com
- Is it normal? @ hectichomelife.wordpress.com
- A Kinder Way @ akinderway.com
- thedopehope, The Insides @ thedopehope.wordpress.com
- You know you’re turning Parisian when… @ turningparisian.com
- Young Meets Free @ youngmeetsfree.com
- The Little Mermaid @ thelittlemermaid09.wordpress.com
- To Cut a Short Story Short @ simonjwood.wordpress.com
- Loud Thoughts Voiced Out @ loudthoughtsvoicedout.wordpress.com
My questions for you:
- If you had to choose just one, which one has had the most influence on your life decisions: Money, Power, or Love?
- What color do you hate to wear and why?
- What saying or expression were you told once that stuck with you forever and who said it to you?
- Does the toilet paper go “over” or “under”? Why?
- What is your go-to analogy to explain something to someone?
- If you could learn any language (that you don’t already know), which language would it be and why?
- What is one thing you learned about yourself by blogging that you didn’t know before?
- What is the first thing you notice about someone you have just met?
- If you had to give up one of the 5 senses which one could you live without? (Seeing, Hearing, Smelling, Tasting, Touching)
- Cats or Dogs? Why or Why not? (Include another species if you feel REALLY strongly about it)
- Who has been the biggest role model in your life?
The answers to the questions asked of me by Anuj:
- Where do you see your blog in a year? I hope to have reached 500 followers and have people asking for more!
- Do you have a pet? (OR) What is your favorite fantasy pet? (pictures mandatory) I have a French kitty – no that’s not some sort of nickname for a body part! I live in two different countries on two different continents. My cat, or step-cat, is French. She’s 17 years old and her name is Téa.
- Music that means a lot to you; or made you some memories worth remembering; or got you through some tough times? Guns N Roses “takes me away to that special place” of freshman year of college. Depeche Mode “Master and Servant”, “People Are People”, “Policy of Truth” were the songs that got me through my first divorce and made me feel empowered. Darude’s “Sandstorm” epitomized my “single in downtown Chicago” phase after my second divorce.
- What’s your trigger word, the one that you just HATE hearing? (for examples’ sake, and please don’t use this against me, mine’s lol) I hate hearing “irregardless” and “prostrate”. It makes me crazy to hear “I’m having prostrate surgery” or “Irregardless of what she said……”
- Favourite Movie(s)? (If the number’s anything less than 3, you amaze me) In no particular order Time Bandits – I grew up watching Monty Python so… Lucy – Scarlett Johansson is such a bad ass in this movie! The Devil Wears Prada – I wish I could have access to that wardrobe closet, and Meryl Streep does an awesome job! Confessions of a Shopaholic – I can relate. Lord of the Rings, particularly The Return of the King – love me some Viggo Mortensen. I could go on…
- Current television obsession? The assassination of Gianni Versace
- The television/movie binge you’re most embarrassed/proud of? I’m so embarrassed of my binge watching of The Bachelor!
- “There’s two types of people in this world…” What’s your version? Those who make life happen and those who watch life go by.
- Your go-to joke that you just know will kill at parties? It’s kinda long, sorry. So, Cinderella wanted desperately to go to the ball, but her evil step-mother locked her away and refused to let her go. Magically, her fairy god-mother appears and lets her out of her make-shift prison and tells Cinderella that she can go to the ball. Her fairy god-mother whipped up a fancy dress and shoes, out of the rags and old shoes she was wearing, and provided a carriage to take her to the ball in style. Cinderella was so excited and was so hoping to snag a man at the ball. Feeling a little randy, she asked her fairy god-mother for one more item…a diaphragm! The fairy god-mother complied with her wishes, turning a small pumpkin into a diaphragm. Just as Cinderella was leaving, her fairy god-mother reminded her to be home by the last stroke of midnight as the dress would turn to rags, the slippers into old shoes, and the diaphragm into a pumpkin. Midnight came and went and Cinderella had not come home! 1am, still no Cinderella. Finally at 2 am Cinderella returns. The fairy god-mother, obviously worried, asks “Where have you been? I told you to return by midnight!”. Cinderella replies with a dreamy look upon her face, “Oh fairy god-mother!!! I met the most amazing man!!!”. “What was his name?”, the fairy god-mother asks. “Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater!”
- When sleep fails you, what completely embarrassing memory from your childhood does your mind jump to? Probably the time I threw the biggest temper tantrum in our front yard because I wanted to go fishing with some people who asked if they could fish on our property. Needless to say, I didn’t go fishing and I got a painful lesson on why it’s not polite to ask to do things with people who didn’t invite you first.
- How do you like your coffee? Black and sweet!
3 thoughts on “Sunshine Blogger”
Congratulations – well deserved!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Loved your answers! And so, so glad to have got myself some fine movie and music suggestions.
Also, Tea’s beautiful! :’)
LikeLiked by 1 person