Oh my! I can’t believe it!! I am honored!!!
I was nominated by The Britchy One who’s over at Bitchin’ in the Kitchen. This woman has the most hilarious stories….starting with her “Cast of Characters”. She never disappoints! I highly recommend a visit! Luv ya Britchy Sista! And, sorry it took me so long to post….I had to do a mini geography course to answer your questions!!
There are rules, bend them, break them….but most importantly don’t forget to show some love to the one who nominates you, and recognize some of your favorite bloggers so they can get more love too!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Display one of the Sunshine Blogger Award logos
- Nominate 11 (or however many you want) bloggers to receive the award and write 11 questions for them to answer
Here are the answers for the questions I was asked:
You’re going on a road trip from the East to West Coast of the US. Who would you take with you (up to three people) I would bring French Charming and my friend Chicago L
What time of year will you take your trip and why? Early fall because the leaves will be turning so it will be a beautiful drive, cool enough to have windows down at times, and L doesn’t like it when it’s too hot.
What essential/favourite clothing would you take? Comfy clothes for driving- leggings, sweaters, hoodies but with some super cute trendy stuff to wear over the leggings for all the photos we will take at each stop.
What electronics/cameras etc would you take? iphone and a laptop so I can keep up with blogging!
What route would you take? Start in NYC -see a show, statue of liberty, DC- take pics in front of a few national monuments, drive down to Richmond, VA, then on to NC hitting I-40, passing through Raleigh-Durham then Winston Salem. Continue on I-40 through Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis then Little Rock, OKC, Amarillo, Albuquerque, Flagstaff, stop at Vegas for a couple nights of shows, LA, then up the California coast to Napa Valley.
What places would you want to stop on the way? Knowing my travel companions, we would find obscure things along the way. French Charming has some app on his phone that gives info like that. We would have to stop off and see my family and friends as we passed through Oklahoma. Vegas would be all about the shows and the Michelin Star restaurants. LA we would see L’s family, then drink up in Napa.
Pick a restaurant in each state you chose to drive through. This would be a hard one. We would probably stop at a lot of sushi places and steakhouses. I have a gluten and lactose intolerance. L has both of those plus canola oil, onion, and garlic!
Pick some songs for the trip – 5 good driving songs. Behind the Wheel – Depeche Mode, Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N Roses, She Sells Sanctuary – The Cult, Been Caught Stealing – Jane’s Addiction, New Year’s Day – U2
Would you take an audiobook or podcast? If so what ones? I can never listen to audiobooks…I have ADD and my mind wanders. After I rewind 3 times I give up. Have never made it through one audiobook.
What snacks do you need in the car? Nuthins crackers, beef jerky, apples, Coke Zero for Frenchie and bottled water for L and me. Of course, we need frequent stops for coffee.
The trips over – Would you drive home or pick another destination? If so where? There’s no place like home, and nothing better than your own bed.
My Questions for my nominees:
1. What movie would you consider closest to your own life story?
2. What accent do you find the sexiest when you hear someone speak?
3. What is the most attractive quality in a potential (or current) partner? Examples: Humor, Romance, Intelligence, or a physical quality?
4. Go to beverage or comfort food after a hard day?
5. What is your favorite thing to spend money on, more than you should at times?
6. Super Hero or Vampire? Which would you be and why?
7. What movie could you watch 100 times? Every time you come across it on TV you watch it even if you come in somewhere in the middle?
8. What was the best “come back” line you’ve ever had? (Ex. for me, I was fighting with a boyfriend and my friend asked if I had ever read “Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus”. I replied “It won’t help, he’s from Uranus”)
9. What is your signature scent?
10. What is one piece of advice you hand out the most?
11. What is the most bizarre gift you ever received?
My nominees for Sunshine Blogger Award: Please don’t feel pressure to do anything…I just want to pass on the love to fellow bloggers.