A great big thank you to AGuyCalledBloke for this lovely nomination! A great big apology for being a little slow on the response. If you haven’t visited his site, you must! He writes about everything! The diversity of his topics is mind-blowing to me. The number of posts he is able to crank out has me mystified…so he is truly the mystery blogger! He not only has interesting topics, but also devotes blogs to recognizing other bloggers – like he did for me here.
So? What is the Mystery Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
Put the award logo/image on your blog
List the rules.
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
Nominate 10 – 20 people [or as I do, choose a random number]
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
Three things about Me:
1) When my hair was long, it took me almost 2 hours to get ready because of it. 2) After cutting my hair, I also had some of my make-up tattooed to save even more time getting ready. 3) One time a guy kissed me goodnight and I told him I would never kiss him again as he tasted like an ashtray.
Answer The Nominators 5 Questions
How DO YOU fold a fitted sheet? Well, I must say I’ve struggled with this a long time until I started matching up the corner seams, folding the weird edges in so that I then had 4 straight edges, and then folding the long rectangle created inward in halves. I fold the flat sheet in a similar fashion and put the fitted sheet and pillow cases within the last fold of the flat sheet to keep the set all together.
What is REALLY meant by the phrase ‘Love is in the air?’ This phrase has double meanings for me. So typically “love is in the air” is relating it to a virus…it seems to be catching. Looking all around, people are in a state of some sort of love or bliss. Yes, I said virus which seems it might have a negative connotation – for some people yes, they don’t want to be in love or see people in love, but for others it’s the best thing ever! “Love is in the Air” is also the slogan for Air France and thus each time I hear it I am either going to see my French Charming or I’m coming back from just having seen him – so it’s true, as I fly, Love is actually in the air.
What was the weirdest, strangest and most mysterious phone call you ever took or made? The one that comes to mind was when I was in med school and I got a call from a solicitor. When I answered the phone he asked if my parents were home. So I decided to have some fun. I said “no they aren’t home”. He asked if I knew when they might be back. I acted like I was starting to cry and I said “they told me they were never coming back when they left!” He hung up.
This is a real mystery – would you rather be ugly as sin and live forever or look as attractively sexy as was possible, but die in a year? As I have NEVER wanted to live forever (unless I could be ageless like a vampire) I would choose to be sexy for a year – and done.
Ok, ok, here’s the cliff hanger – you are offered £$/100,000 to eat a bowl of mixed bugs – you know crunchy mealworms, slimy earthworms, buzzing crickets, wrinkly woodlice and moist maggots and the list goes on – would you eat it and be richer or not? While I have eaten a crunchy bug once…someone had brought chocolate covered cicadas (like locusts) and they looked just like chocolate covered peanuts. Not bad since it was crunchy and tasteless…..I would not eat a whole bowl full of bugs…especially the moist ones.
Questions for my nominees:
1) You are going on a retreat for a month and you can only bring one item with you (food, bedding, necessities are provided), what would you bring and why?
2) You must choose to live in another city from where you live now. Where would you choose to live?
3) You see your best friend’s significant other in a bar with someone else (just with them – no defining actions) do you go say hi? Mention it to your best friend? Stay out of it completely?
4) Did you have a nickname growing up that you hated? Did you try to create one that you liked better? Did it stick?
5) [The funny/weird question] What is the most bizarre “home remedy” you’ve ever tried and did it work? example – As in the movie “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” windex for a zit.