I would like to thank She at This-door-is-alarmed who is a super talented writer for nominating me for this award. I love how our blogging community embraces new bloggers and strives for everyone’s success. Please go to her site as her stories are intriguing and I’m always sad reaching the end of each one that it’s over. If you aren’t familiar with her blog, I highly recommend you go give her a visit and spend some time going through her posts. Thank you my lovely!! XOXO
The GUIDELINES for the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Display the award on your post
3. Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blogging
4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself
5. Answer the questions given to you
6. Nominate 5-11 other blogs for this award
7. Ask them creative and unique questions of your own
8. List the rules and inform your nominees of the award
What makes me passionate about blogging:
A friend (many friends and colleagues agreed) had been encouraging me to write all my stories down for years. I was never much of a writer, but I’m a great story-teller. The thought of writing intimidated me. My brothers were always so much more creative than me. Another friend suggested blogging as it is more how my brain works – in short spurts of creativity. Once I started, I was addicted! Finding this site has been amazing. This community is so supportive! So, I guess now, each time I post a blog I feel a sense of success. I’m not always the most proud of them if I didn’t have the time to edit like I want. However, I’m always grateful for all my readers, your comments, etc.
10 Random Facts About Me:
- Sometimes, while laying in bed, I think of something that was funny that day and get the giggles so bad I can barely breathe.
- I cannot eat eggs in any way, shape, form…I cannot stand the smell of them raw or cooked.
- I could watch my favorite movies a thousand times and never grow tired of them.
- I’ve eaten a whole jar (small) of nutella in a day, with a spoon, right out of the jar.
- When shopping with my bestie, I have some sort of body dysmorphic disorder, as I always choose items that are at least 2 sizes too big for me, and she always calls me out on it.
- The older I get, the less “stuff” I want. I’ve become a minimalist.
- I have a pair of shorts that I wear to bed that I’ve had for 20 years! And they aren’t even falling apart!
- I could eat rice every single day, for multiple meals.
- I can fall asleep anywhere, anytime, with anything going on around me.
- I’m colorblind- rare for females as it takes two recessive genes.
- How straight is straight? To truly be straight is to be devoid of any deviation.
- What would you think I was referring to if I told you to ‘put it down’? I‘m not sure but it takes me right back to childhood if I picked up anything breakable at my grandma’s house!
- Why are swans graceful? It seems like they only look graceful because people show films of them in slow motion. I think I might look graceful in slow motion too!
- Would you be a superhero or a sidekick, and what would your name be? I would be the superhero (I like to be in control and make decisions) and my name would be Super K….unless question #5 actually happened, then I might be super C.
- If you could remove one letter from the English alphabet, what would it be, and what consequences do you see coming from it? I think we could get rid of K, C makes the same sound. In fact C can make two sounds, K only makes one.
- What was the last thing you lost and never found? What do you imagine has happened to it? I don’t remember, which is probably why I never found it.
- What significance does the number seven have to you? What memories do you associate with it? It doesn’t really have any special significance for me. I know many people choose it thinking it’s lucky which is why I always chose 13.
- Young and completely broke or old and disgustingly rich? I would choose young and broke as money can’t give you the most important things in life.
- If a giant squirrel had commandeered your mode of transportation, whether car, moped, bike etc., and seemed to know how to make it work, what would you do to stop him? Shoot him with a ketamine dart so he could be taken in while comatose for studies?? Shoot out the tires so he couldn’t go further?? Take a video with my phone and post it on instagram??
- If you had your own coat of arms, what would I expect to find on them to describe you/ your family? Our coat of arms would have a medical caduceus, an airplane, and the earth.
*As with any of my nominations, there is no obligation to accept or participate. Please think of it as a gesture of kindness and acknowledgement of your blogging. XOXO KKatch22
The Questions For My Nominees:
- What is “your song” for getting you motivated, to work out, to accomplish a task etc.
- When you are down about something, what person do you contact and what is always their approach that gets you out of your rut?
- Have you ever been so embarrassed you left a place and never went back? What happened?
- Do you have a childhood friend that you’ve never heard from since then, but think of often? Have you ever tried to get in touch with that person?
- Snakes or spiders? You MUST walk through a room full of them to get out on the other side. Which one do you choose?
- Have you ever tried to duplicate a meal or dessert that you had a restaurant? Was it epic or an epic fail?
- The last wedding you attended – which guest were you? Life of the party? Hidden in the corner? So drunk you don’t remember? Mad at your date and left early? Feeling sorry for yourself and jealous of the bride and groom?
- Of all the sci-fi movies you’ve seen, which one would be your “dream future”, the kind of life you could embrace even if not perfect?
- If you could go back and tell your 12 year old self one piece of information that could change your life, what would it be?
- What celebrity hairstyle did you try to copy in your teens or early 20s?